Holiday season is around the corner and parents are forever looking for new, engaging crafts, games and activities. To help make things a little easier, we found 3 incredibly simple homemade crafts which you can make with your children this holiday season.
Homemade Moon Sand
Want something your children will enjoy even more than Play-Doh? Try out our Moon Sand recipe.
- 4 cups of flour
- ½ C of baby oil
Mix well with your hands until it forms a putty like substance and you’re set and ready to play!
Who doesn’t love blowing bubbles and chasing them around the garden. Below is an awesome bubble recipe for you to try out this holiday!
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 tablespoons dish soap.
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- Mix the water, dish soap, glycerin and corn syrup in a bowl or an empty bottle.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Play with your super strong bubbles!
This one may be more for you than the children, nonetheless an extremely fun holiday craft.
Ingredients for 1 Stress ball:
- 1 Balloon
- Some flour depending on how big you want your stress ball to be
- A little wool (for hair – this is optional of course, depending if you want to give you stress ball a face or not)
- A marker pen that works on balloons
- An empty 500ml plastic bottle
- A funnel
- Place you funnel in the top of your 500ml bottle
- Start to pour your flour through the funnel and into the bottle until it is between ¼ and ½ full
- Remove your funnel
- Blow up the balloon almost to full size and carefully place the end which you blow the balloon up with over the neck of the bottle
- Take hold of the neck and turn the bottle upside down until the flower starts to run into the balloon
- Once the flower is finished, hold the neck of the balloon tightly and remove the bottle.
- Slowly allow the air to escape the balloon through your fingers
- Once all the air has escaped tie the balloon in a knot and you will have your stress ball.
- You can now decorate your ball however you would like to.